Baki’s Old-World Cookies
My uncles have always called these "cupcake cookies" because of the unique and pretty way they're baked. My maternal grandmother mixed up many a batch. —Marilyn Louise Riggenbach, Ravenna, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add nuts. In another bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon and cloves; add with vanilla to creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- Fill 36 generously greased cups of a muffin tin or individual 3-in. tins one-third to half full. Press dough around sides, leaving a depression in center. (If dough is too soft, add flour.)
- Bake until light brown, about 18 minutes. Cool 2 minutes; tap tins to remove cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 105 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Baki's Old-World Cookies in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.