White Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- Line a baking sheet with foil and grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Stir in oil and remaining butter until smooth. Stir in peppermint candies.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet, spreading to desired thickness. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for White Chocolate Peppermint Crunch(13)
Sort By :
I have made something similar to this in the past, but tried this recipe for this year. After melting the candy coating, I stirred in the oil and remaining butter. That candy coating turned so thick, texture was weird. Even tried to reheat for a couple of seconds..I could NOT begin to spread it out or use it at all. hmm! Any suggestions? Why use the canola oil and butter? Other recipes i had seen was to melt the candy coating and then add the crushed peppermint, pour out to desired thickness. Love to try new recipes..but I goofed somehow on this one! any suggestions..would love to hear!
I add a little peppermint extract for extra peppermint-y goodness!!
would this be gluten free?
Re: the comment about all candy having to go in fridge and asking for solutions: I've known some candy makers who place their candy in an unheated enclosed porch, attic, garage, or even in a car to solidify.
This is such an easy and delicious recipe to make. Gave them out at Christmas in small candy bags and they wanted more when those were gone.
More Recipe Collections
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Chocolate Recipes >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >