Spice Cupcakes with Mocha Frosting Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans and assorted candies, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Stir in the coffee, butter and vanilla until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with coffee beans and candies if desired. Yield: 15 cupcakes.
Reviews for Spice Cupcakes with Mocha Frosting
Sort By :
"Cinnamon Frosting on spice cupcakes is um um good. I use it a lot."
"A little dry, I reduced baking time to 15 or so minutes. Otherwise everyone loved them."
"Just made a batch...They are great. We did not ice them. They didn't need it. I got a dozen and a half from this recipe. Will make again."
"The tops of mine came out a bit crusty, so I had some difficulty getting them out of the pan. The frosting also doesn't look as choclately as the picture, but they taste delicious!"
"omg!!! the best cupcake recipe in the world!!!! the best cupcakes i have ever in my life tasted!!! on my top favorites. plan to make them time and time again!!!! more than just 5 stars!!!!!"