Banana Cupcakes with Ganache Frosting
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla. Beat into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and pecans.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, melt chocolate with cream over low heat; stir until blended. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a small bowl; cool until mixture reaches room temperature.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in marshmallow creme and vanilla. Add chocolate mixture. Beat until light and fluffy. Frost cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 310 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 22, 2011
Really loved this recipe. Took them to work and they were a huge success! Will make again!
Mar 6, 2011
Absolutely delicious!!! We spread a little bit of Nutella on the cupcake before we ate it.....unbelievably good! Will definitely make again and again :)
Jan 22, 2011
Jan 22, 2011
May 10, 2010
My family loved these! I used a peanut butter frosting from another recipe ( 1/4 cu. natural peanut butter, 1/4 cu. milk, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 3 cups powdered sugar.)
Feb 13, 2010
Wow! Wow! Wow! Delicious! My husband is already begging for me to make them again. Try them out! You will not be disappointed!
Apr 19, 2009
The BEST cupcake ever!
Apr 10, 2009
Loved these cupcakes and I was even happier that they don't contain butter, just buttermilk for fewer calories. Also I did not put any icing on them and served them more as a muffin. I would even try it in a loaf pan next time.
Apr 6, 2009
Re: Banana Cupcakes with Ganache FrostingThese cupcakes were delicious. My co-workers loved them!!! One male co-worker claimed them as the "best he has ever had"! I only frosted them with regular homemade chocolate frosting!!! I will stick to these instead of banana bread!
Apr 6, 2009
These cupcakes are delicious! I took them to work and everyone raved about them. One male co-worker said that they are the best cupcakes he has ever had! I agree and I only made regular chocolate frosting for them.Classicgirl