Savory Appetizer Cheesecake Recipe
I love to experiment with new recipes, and my family is always willing to taste-test. This warm bacon cheesecake is welcome at family get-togethers. Joy Burke, Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers and fresh fruit
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. In the drippings, saute onion and garlic until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, cream, flour, salt and cayenne; beat until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined. Set aside 3 tablespoons bacon for garnish. Stir in green onions, sauteed onion and remaining bacon into egg mixture. Pour into greased 8-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with reserved bacon. Serve warm with crackers and fruit. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Savory Appetizer Cheesecake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p22
Reviews for Savory Appetizer Cheesecake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2009
Absolutely delicious! I've made this several times over the years. Smooth and savory, an elegant dish to impress your guests.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >