- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 12 oval cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 tube white decorating gel
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Halloween sprinkles
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted and blended. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; cool. Cut into 12 squares and set aside.
- Cut a 1/2-in. piece from the bottom of each sandwich cookie. Crush removed cookie pieces; set aside. Write "RIP" on each cookie, using white decorating gel.
- Position cereal squares on a large serving tray. With 2 tablespoons frosting, form a circle on each cereal square; top each with a decorated cookie. Sprinkle reserved crumbs around tombstones; add Halloween sprinkles. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Ghostly Graveyard
"this is only one kind of graveyard recipe mine has more to it."
"We made these for my daughter's Halloween party. Couldn't find the cookies so we used Deluxe Grahams-they worked great. These looked awesome on the plate, however, by the time you put all the frosting on to hold the cookie, it was very sweet. Most people pulled the cookie and some of the frosting off. I think next time I will just do a few with the cookie tombstones and frost the rest of the rice krispie treats and sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles."
"Had fun making these for Halloween!!"
"These were such a hit a kid's Halloween party! I couldn't find oval cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, so I used Keebler Vienna Fingers and used crushed oreos for the crumbs (didn't need to cut off the bottom of each cookies, they just pressed right into the icing). I also used red decorating gel to show up on the white cookies and it was easier to "RIP at a diagonal which looked just fine."
"These look really good. My kids would love these."