Favorite Fish Chowder Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups water
- 6 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 pounds cod fillets, cut into large chunks
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter. Add water and bring to a boil. Add potatoes; cook for 10 minutes. Add fish and lemon juice; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add milk, evaporated milk, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 quarts.
Reviews for Favorite Fish Chowder(5)
Sort By :
Outstanding made exactly as directed
This is a family favorite! It goes together fast and easy and I can easily keep the ingredients on hand for a quick meal. I have made this for guests and always get rave reviews. I use chicken broth instead of water and I use a bit less (maybe 2 - 3 cups) because we like a chowder with less broth. I have also used shrimp and langostino with great results.
Apple Cider Vinegar instead of Lemon Juice / Cod Fish and add cream corn for sweetness
Yummm! This recipe is simple and taste good. I do not like chowder at all. I tried for my husband and it turned out pleasant. I will make this again.
This is my fav. fish chowder recipe! I make it at least once a month during the fall and winter.