Wild Salmon with Hazelnuts Over Spinach
We serve only fresh line-caught wild salmon here at the hotel. The crunchy toasted hazelnuts and the spinach add great flavor.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 wild salmon fillets (7 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon skin side down, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-14 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute spinach in 1 tablespoon butter until tender; remove from the pan and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute garlic in remaining butter for 1 minute. Stir in the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place spinach on serving plates; top with salmon. Drizzle with butter mixture and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 532 calories, 39g fat (13g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
Originally published as Wild Salmon with Hazelnuts Over Spinach in Country August/September 2010