Salmon Salad with Glazed Walnuts
This main-dish salad was inspired by something I ate while on a trip. The glazed walnuts give it a little something special. I've also topped it with grilled chicken or portobello mushrooms when they're on hand. —Joanna Kobernik, Berkley, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/4 cup glazed walnuts
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Brush salmon with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette; sprinkle with pepper. On a greased grill rack, cook salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or just until fish begins to flake easily with a fork.
- In a bowl, toss salad greens with remaining vinaigrette. Divide between two plates; sprinkle with walnuts and cheese. Top with salmon.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 374 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Balsamic Blue Cheese Salad in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.