Baked Venison Burgers
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- Swiss cheese and tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, milk, onion, egg and seasoned salt. Crumble venison and beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties; place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until blended. Spoon over patties.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with cheese and tomato if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 28, 2013
Moist...delicious...an ABSOLUTE favorite in our house!!! I would't change a thing!!!
Mar 2, 2011
This was fantastic! I used the swiss cheese and tomatoes like you suggested and the flavor was just so great! The burger was exceptional - my boyfriend was skeptical at first but now, he loves them! I will definitely make again, thank you!
Dec 9, 2010
I used ground pork instead of ground beef, and ground venison with bacon . At first I thought there was too much milk as the patties I formed were flimsy. But once baked, I understand why. They came out firm, just the right amount of moisture. Fantastic flavor. I will make again.