How to Host an ‘It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!’ Halloween Watch Party
Even if the Great Pumpkin doesn't show, these Peanuts Halloween party ideas won't disappoint.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
The countdown to Halloween is officially on, which can only mean one thing—the Peanuts gang is back!
It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown is a must-watch. While Linus heads to a local pumpkin patch in hopes encountering the Great Pumpkin, the rest of the gang is off for another round of trick or treat and, of course, lots of Halloween candy and dancing.
To help you celebrate, we put together a list of Peanuts Halloween party ideas so good that your guests will believe in the Great Pumpkin.
How to Watch It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Rather own the DVD? The movie is also available to purchase on Amazon.
Charlie Brown Halloween Party Ideas
You may not be able to hang out with the Peanuts gang, but hosting an It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! party is a close second.
Peanuts Halloween Party Decor
Here’s a look at the Peanuts Halloween party decor you’ll need:
- Charlie Brown Halloween Plates: You’ll need a stack of Halloween plates featuring Snoopy in his spooky costumes.
- Peanuts Halloween Cookie Cutters: Set up a Peanuts cookie decorating station—it’s the perfect simple activity for your Halloween watch party.
- Peanuts Halloween Candy Bowl: The gang makes quite the haul on their trick or treat adventure, so might as well dump all that loot in this book Halloween candy bowl.
- Peanuts Halloween Treat Boxes: Because you can’t go home after a Halloween party without a stash of candy!
- Peanuts Halloween Platter: Need a place to put all of your pumpkin-themed goodies? This festive Halloween platter features the Peanuts gang in Halloween costumes.
- Peanuts Halloween Snoopy & Woodstock Mug: Use these mugs to serve up steaming cups of Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate.
- Peanuts Snoopy Stoneware Multi Section Lazy Susan: Serve up numerous tasty treats for guests with this lazy Susan. You can fit four different tasty snacks of your choice! We certainly think these Mini Pretzel Pumpkins should be one of them.
- Peanuts Great Pumpkin Backdrop: It’s The Great Pumpkin! No wait… is that… Snoopy? Honor Snoopy’s ultimate trick on Linus in the pumpkin patch by hanging this backdrop at the party.
- Peanuts Lit Snoopy With Boo Sign: Let Snoopy greet your guests for your Peanuts Halloween party with a super scary sign right outside your front door.
- Peanuts Tablecloth: Spread this over your table to give your space extra Snoopy and Woodstock flair.
- Peanuts Halloween Matching Family Pajamas: You can cozy up with the family in these cute matching PJ sets—perfect for crawling into bed as the credits roll.
Peanuts Halloween Party Food
It’s not a movie night without food. You should have snacks on hand for the whole gang!
- Giant Cupcake Pumpkin: The great pumpkin may not show up for Linus, but it will certainly make an appearance as you watch It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!
- Pumpkin Snack Mix: It’s not a movie night without snack mix. This recipe takes things up a notch by adding Cheerios, Chex, salted peanuts and candy pumpkins, all brought together with a homemade vanilla sauce.
- Cinnamon Rock Candy: Charlie Brown may be disappointed for getting rocks during trick or treat, but we’d be happy to find this rock candy in our treat bag.
- Pumpkin Cookie Pops: Who doesn’t love a good dessert on a stick? These pumpkin cookie pops are easy to share—and make for the ideal Instagram post.
- Peanuts Halloween Iced Cookies: The gang will make an appearance at your It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown watch party thanks to these artfully designed cookies.
Peanuts Halloween Party Games
It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown only runs for 25 minutes, so plan to have a game or two to play before settling in to watch.
- Bobbing Apples: Bobbing for apples is an iconic scene in this classic movie, so make sure to have your bucket of water ready to go! But don’t worry, your lips won’t touch Snoopy’s dog lips while you do it. (Sorry, Lucy!)
- It’s The Great Pumpkin Puzzle: This puzzle is perfect for a cozy night in, especially as you sip on a steaming mug of hot apple cider.
- Peanuts Great Pumpkin Board Game: This board game will take your gang on a journey through the movie’s most iconic moments. It’s the perfect way to start the evening before cozying up on the couch for the movie!
- Find the Biggest Pumpkin: Take your movie-watching crew to a local pumpkin patch in the afternoon before your movie night and search for the biggest pumpkin. Whoever finds the biggest one wins!