Chocolate-Strawberry Celebration Cake Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, confectioner's sugar and cocoa until light and fluffy. Beat in milk until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- Pipe or spoon melted chocolate onto waxed paper in decorative designs; let stand until set.
- For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. Heat cream just to a boil; pour over chocolate and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over top of cake, allowing ganache to drape down the sides. Arrange strawberries on top of cake. Top with chocolate garnishes. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate-Strawberry Celebration Cake(43)
Sort By :
I made this for our Christmas Day dessert. It was a hit! I loved making this beautiful cake. The chocolate swirls were so easy and beautiful. Everyone was in awe. Thanks for such a great cake!
Does anyone know how to convert this recipe to yield 18 servings in a sheet cake shape instead? Please help, baby shower in less than a week!
This has to be the BEST cake I have ever had. I made this for a family gathering. I followed directions exactly and it came out perfect. It even looked like the cake in the pic. Everyone at the party commented on how delicious it was. (even my Sister that is the district manager of the Bakery's for a very well know grocery chain that trains employees)
I am wondering if I could make a vanilla one using this recipe and subbing white cake mix and white chocolate chips... I think I'll give it a try.
This is an incredibly dense, moist & delicious chocolate cake! It is similar to a recipe I got years ago for a bundt cake but this version uses less oil and works for a layered cake. Highly recommend!
This cake was delicious. My whole family loved it. It was easy and quick enough.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- New Year's Desserts >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >