- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in pecans. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating, stir until smooth. Dip the top of each cookie into the candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Dip into peppermint candy. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Candy Cane Snowballs
Sort By :
"Best cookies ever."
"Delicious! We also did not chill the dough, it handled just fine and baked for about 15 minutes. We did find we needed more than 1/2 cup of crushed candy, but I think if we had crushed it finer it would have gone farther."
"This is a great recipe! It has become a favorite and requested each year now. This is the 3 year to make them!"
"This was really easy to make. I did not chill the dough. With all that butter, I didn't find it hard to handle as long as I rolled the balls quickly. I only baked them for about 16 minutes to get a golden brown bottom. This is a great recipe to make with kids, too. Mine had lots of fun crushing the candy canes and dipping the cookies. Will definitely make this festive treat again next year!"
"I made these for a cookie exchange. They were the first to disappear! I used the softer peppermints and they worked great."