Candy Cane Snowballs Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in pecans. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating, stir until smooth. Dip the top of each cookie into the candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Dip into peppermint candy. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Candy Cane Snowballs
Sort By :
"Best cookies ever."
"Delicious! We also did not chill the dough, it handled just fine and baked for about 15 minutes. We did find we needed more than 1/2 cup of crushed candy, but I think if we had crushed it finer it would have gone farther."
"This is a great recipe! It has become a favorite and requested each year now. This is the 3 year to make them!"
"This was really easy to make. I did not chill the dough. With all that butter, I didn't find it hard to handle as long as I rolled the balls quickly. I only baked them for about 16 minutes to get a golden brown bottom. This is a great recipe to make with kids, too. Mine had lots of fun crushing the candy canes and dipping the cookies. Will definitely make this festive treat again next year!"