I bake dozens of different kinds of Christmas cookies to give to family and friends. I came up with this recipe when I had leftover candy canes I wanted to use up. The snowballs are dipped in a white candy coating, then into crushed peppermint candy. -Debby Anderson Stockbridge, Georgia
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in pecans. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating, stir until smooth. Dip the top of each cookie into the candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Dip into peppermint candy. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Candy Cane Snowballs in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p29
Reviews for Candy Cane Snowballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review