- 1-1/3 cups instant chocolate drink mix
- 1-1/3 cups chocolate malted milk powder
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons powdered nondairy creamer
- 3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed candy canes (about 40 mini candy canes)
- EACH SERVING:
- 3/4 cup hot water
- In a large bowl, mix chocolate drink mix, malted milk powder and baking cocoa. In another bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and creamer.
- In each of four 1-pint canning jars, layer 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder, 3/4 cup chocolate mixture, 3 tablespoons chocolate chips, 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar mixture, 3 tablespoons chocolate chips and 1/4 cup candy canes, pouring ingredients through a large funnel or a waxed-paper cone. Press candy canes down to fit if needed.
- Cover and store in a cool dry place up to 2 months (mixture will settle). To use, transfer contents of jar to a covered container or large resealable plastic bag; mix well.
- To prepare hot cocoa: Place 1/3 cup combined mix in a mug; stir in 3/4 cup hot water until blended. Yield: 20 servings (6-2/3 cups hot cocoa mix).
Reviews forCandy Cane Hot Cocoa Mix
"I have a question. I have been trying to make this and layer it in the one-pint jars as it directs but no matter how tight I pat each layer I cannot get it to fit. In fact, I don't get past the second layer (the chocolate mixture) before it overflows. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Please answer asap as i was trying to give these out for Thanksgiving."
"Gave this out to friends during the holidays and they loved it. I added another layer of crushed candy canes in the middle for extra color."
"This hot cocoa mix was a hit with my family! It has a rich, gourmet quality to it. We added whipped cream and additional crushed candy canes on top. I'll be making these for my kids' teachers for Christmas."