- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- Red food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffh. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Place the dough in a cookie press fitted with a heart plate; form cookies on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until set but not brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Blend in enough milk until desired spreading consistency is reached. Add food coloring to a portion or all of the frosting if desired. Frost cookies. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Butter Cookies
Sort By :
i love these cookies! i gotta admit that i thought they would be nasty but they turned out sooo good and they were super easy to make! it goes especially well with the frosting!
Consistently requested and appropriate for every occasion. Sooo rich but uber delicious and quite simply, in my opinion, the best iced cookies ever.
delicious .... I did not use a press ... I rolled into balls & flattened with a glass ....enjoyed by all.....
great cookies to ice with kids and they taste great!