Tuscan Chicken Tenders with Pesto Sauce
Golden bites of breaded chicken? You can't go wrong! A green and red pesto sauce for dipping adds a flavorful accent and festive color. Serve the little tenders warm or at room temperature. —Mary Lou Cook, Welches, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 cups cornflake crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk, divided
- 24 chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, mix cornflake crumbs, 1/4 cup cheese and salt. Place 1/4 cup milk in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Place on greased racks in two foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, pesto, garlic powder, pepper and remaining milk and cheese; top with tomato and basil. Serve with chicken.
Originally published as Tuscan Chicken Tenders With Pesto Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.