Tuscan Chicken Tenders with Pesto Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 cups cornflake crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk, divided
- 24 chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, mix cornflake crumbs, 1/4 cup cheese and salt. Place 1/4 cup milk in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Place on greased racks in two foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, pesto, garlic powder, pepper and remaining milk and cheese; top with tomato and basil. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked chicken with 3 tablespoons sauce: 511 calories, 34g fat (6g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 826mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Jan 4, 2019
Not a fan! I made these during our "pesto" week. Overall flavor was bland and the sauce did not bring any flavor either. Sauce recipe can be definitely halved or quartered as leftovers cannot be repurposed.
Feb 18, 2016
Very good. Easy to make and the sauce topped off this recipe perfectly.