Potluck Sweet Potato Salad
When I took this salad to a potluck dinner, several people asked me for the recipe. The sweet potatoes make it unique, and it really is delicious.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups light or regular mayonnaise
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in mayonnaise and pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 0g saturated fat (0 sugars, 0 fiber). Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Salad in Country October/November 1992