Pesto Rice-Stuffed Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato, pesto, salt and rice. Cut a pocket horizontally in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Fill each with 3 tablespoons rice mixture; secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. In batches, brown chicken breasts on each side, adding additional oil as needed. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed chicken breast half: 278 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 5, 2016
Just so so. Quick and easy but NO flavor.
Feb 29, 2016
This was easy to make, and quite tasty. The chicken was juicy, and we heated the leftover rice/pesto mix as a side. I used basil pesto, which added some great flavor. I'll be making this again!