Chocolate Berry Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafers (about 20 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the chocolate, cream, cornstarch and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Pour filling over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cranberry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in raspberries. Cool completely. Serve cheesecake with raspberry sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.
Aug 30, 2017
This cheesecake is amazing! A must try. I make it for my daughter on her birthday, she loves it. It truly is a celebration cake, decadent.
Dec 21, 2013
I love this cheesecake, one of the best I've made. It's rich and tasty, and the raspberry sauce makes it so elegant!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.