- 7 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Food coloring, optional
- Place popcorn in a large baking pan; keep warm in a 200° oven.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water and salt. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 235° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat. Add the butter, vanilla and food coloring if desired; stir until butter is melted. Immediately pour over popcorn and stir until evenly coated.
- When mixture is cool enough to handle, quickly shape into 3-in. balls, dipping hands in cold water to prevent sticking. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Traditional Popcorn Balls
Sort By :
"I haven't had a home-made popcorn ball in 50 years. My mother use to make them and they seemed so difficult. I just made this recipe and it was so easy and tasted wonderful."
"I absolutely love this app. Thank you."
"Don't forget to take the unpopped "old maids" out of the popcorn before forming into balls. We learned that the hard way. Recipe is delicious, though. :)"
"This was super easy and had a great flavor. I loved how chewy they were but not too sticky to handle. I gave these as Christmas gifts! They were so fun to make."
"Easy recipe to follow and the popcorn balls look and taste great."