- 1 package chocolate or yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Fold in chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into batter. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake comes out clean. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Picnic Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Made chocolate cake, my grandkid's loved them. So moist."
"So easy, and so moist!"
"These cupcakes are incredible! I've made these for potlucks and gifts for friends several times, and they're always a winner. I must say my favorite so far is with Devil's Food Cake Mix :P"
"Easy and surprisingly good!"
"We made them with double chocolate fudge cake mix, and both chocolate and peanut butter chips. Wow, are these incredible!!! Definite keeper!!"