Prize-Winning Potato Salad
With horseradish for tang, mayonnaise and sour cream for smoothness and bacon for crunch, you have a truly memorable potato salad.—Ramona Hook, Wysong Paducah, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling
- 16 pounds baking potatoes, peeled, cooked and cubed
- 32 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 pounds sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 16 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups Miracle Whip
- 4 cups sour cream
- 1 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- Toss potatoes, eggs, bacon and onions. Combine remaining ingredients; mix until smooth. Toss with potato mixture. Chill several hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 242 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Prize-Winning Potato Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1995