Pressure Cooker Boeuf Bourguignon
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Cook: 35 min. + releasing
- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- 1-3/4 cups dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 pound whole fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 24 pearl onions, peeled (about 2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked whole wheat egg noodles, optional
- Place beef in a large shallow dish; add wine, oil and seasonings. Turn beef to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat. Add bacon; cook until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 Tbsp. in pressure cooker.
- Add mushrooms and onions to drippings; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Press cancel.
- Drain beef, reserving marinade. Add beef to pressure cooker. Sprinkle beef with flour and salt; toss to coat. Top with bacon; add reserved marinade.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 20 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Simmer, uncovered, until sauce reaches desired thickness, 15-20 minutes. Remove bay leaf. If desired, serve stew with noodles.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup beef mixture (calculated without noodles): 289 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Feb 7, 2020
Just browsing this recipe it appears to be missing the beef stock. Probably 1 and a 1/2 cups. Your pressure cooker won't like that much. Otherwise seems ap sound quick version.
Dec 31, 2019
Didn't work at all. I got a burn food error. I ended up dumping into a casserole pot and just braised it traditionally. Of course this will mean my vegetables will be overcooked because they're already in there.