Rainbow Layer Cake Recipe
Fruity gelatin helps create the rainbow effect for this pretty cake. Lemon frosting is a nice and springy finishing touch. —Dawn Shackelford, Fort Worth, Texas
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons each lemon, strawberry and orange gelatin powder
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) lemon frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of three greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, substituting three whole eggs for egg whites. Divide evenly among three bowls. Stir one flavor of gelatin into each bowl until blended. Pour each into a prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Rainbow Layer Cake in Simple & Delicious
Reviews for Rainbow Layer Cake(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Jello Cake >
- Lemon Jello Cake >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >
- Simple Recipes >