Best Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 pound each ground beef, veal and pork
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/2 cup hot brewed coffee
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs and cream; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the egg, onion, parsley, salt, nutmeg and ginger. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer meatballs to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Scrape pan drippings into a small saucepan; stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth and coffee. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Best Swedish Meatballs(2)
Sort By :
These meatballs are our family favorite. I make extra gravy in case there are leftovers. We love the delicate spicing. Winter comfort food at it's best!
I made them last night for a pot luck and they were a big hit. The recipe I was familiar with used coffee to add flavor to the gravy. This recipe is very similar to the one I used to use. It is delicious. Thanks for sharing!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >