Warm Strawberry Fondue
You need only a handful of ingredients to fix this unusual fruit fondue. Use grapes, bananas, strawberries and angel food cake cubes as dippers. —Sharon Mensing, Greenfield, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Angel food cake cubes and fresh fruit
- In a food processor, combine the strawberries, cream, cornstarch and lemon juice; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Transfer to a fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with cake and fruit.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 27 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Warm Strawberry Fondue in Quick Cooking November/December 2003
Apr 14, 2010
This is an awesome dessert fondue. Dipping pound cake in it was by far the best. My family and I decided it tasted just like strawberry shortcake!
Dec 23, 2009
This is a holiday favorite at our house!