Warm Strawberry Fondue
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Angel food cake cubes and fresh fruit
- In a food processor, combine the strawberries, cream, cornstarch and lemon juice; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Transfer to a fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with cake and fruit.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 27 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 14, 2010
This is an awesome dessert fondue. Dipping pound cake in it was by far the best. My family and I decided it tasted just like strawberry shortcake!
Dec 23, 2009
This is a holiday favorite at our house!