Tomato Spiral Toss
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 2-1/2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes and basil in a serving bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to tomato mixture. Drizzle with oil mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 237 calories, 11g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Apr 21, 2014
I love the meld of flavors in this recipe; however, I wanted to make it bolder with some meat and use it as a main dish. I tried chunks of roasted chicken. Perfect!
Feb 18, 2014
The flavor combinations of the tomato, basil, and garlic work well together. I thought the dressing was a little lacking in flavor, however. Next time I would definitely use closer to 1/4 cup of canola oil, as I thought 1/2 cup was too much. Also, I added some Zesty Italian dressing to spice up the salad a little.
Jan 27, 2014
Very good flavors. Would be good hot or cold. Add chicken for a chicken pasta salad.
Aug 24, 2011
I LOVE this recipe and have made it lots of times! The only things I do different is to let all the ingredients (except the pasta) sit together for a while to help blend the flavors and I add some cooked chicken sometimes. YUM!
Apr 22, 2010
P.S. It's much better with fresh basil!
Apr 22, 2010
Found this recipe several years ago and it is a family favorite especially in the summer when Jersey tomatoes are at their best. Anytime ive severed this to company, they've asked for the recipe.
Mar 28, 2010
Dec 13, 2009
I made this recipe for a party at work, everyone enjoyed and several people asked me for the recipe. I would definitely make this salad again.
Jul 7, 2009
It turns out to be room temperature because the tomatoes are cool and the pasta is hot. We like how it tastes and feels. It is also good chilled.
May 1, 2009
Is this recipe served cold?