Sweet and Sassy Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 6 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 Italian turkey sausage link (4 ounces), casing removed
- 3 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- 6 onion rolls, split
- 6 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 6 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble turkey and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into six burgers.
- Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Toast the rolls; spread warm rolls with cranberry sauce and mayonnaise. Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 418 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 809mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Jun 10, 2012
These are wonderful. I printed and added this to my recipe collection... Highly recommended and will share this with my Weight Watcher friends...
May 26, 2012
WOW! This recipe is a true "five stars"---can't wait to make them for our deck get-togethers this summer!
May 25, 2012
Made these for casual dinner guests and they were wonderful. What a nice combination of flavors. I did not however use the onion rolls, just a good bakery bun. I also used whole cranberry sauce because it was what I had on hand. I liked the added texture that it gave. Will make again soon.
May 15, 2012
I left off the bacon because I didn't have it but oh my my my. Excellent recipe can't wait to try it with the bacon. I will be making this again and again.
May 15, 2012
WE don't usually make turkey burgers but my husband and I both agree that this is the best 'burger' ever!!!! We will be making this again!!!
May 15, 2012
These burgers were a big hit with the family. The cranberry and maypnnaise was an excellent combo.
Jan 4, 2012
We love these burgers. I had a lot of fresh cranberries so I put them in a coffee grinder with 1/2 tsp. salt, & 1 tsp water. I put this in a bowl with 1 egg & 1/3 cup old fashioned oats, 1 tsp. brown sugar, 1 tsp. sage, 1/8 tsp. pepper, & 1/8 tsp. maple flavoring. I let this sit a few minutes then mixed in the ground turkey. The house smelled wonderful & better yet they tasted great.
Dec 10, 2011
These burgers were a hit with my family. I made them as written except that I had to substitute pork sausage for the turkey as I couldn't find it in the stores. I just used a little Italian seasoning with it. The cranberry flavor in the burger and jelly really adds a nice touch.
Dec 7, 2011
I make these at least once a month and my husband (a red meat man) loves them too! Juicy with excellent flavor!