Sugared Fruit Centerpiece
For an elegant table topper, create this centerpiece showcasing simple-to-make sugared fruit. It's not only eye-catching but edible as well.
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + standing
- 15 to 20 pieces assorted fruit
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups superfine sugar
- Edible or silk leaves, optional
- Scrub fruit in soapy water; rinse and dry completely. In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds, until gelatin is completely dissolved. Whisk until slightly frothy.
- Lightly brush mixture over all sides of fruit. Place on a wire rack over waxed paper. Sprinkle with sugar. Let stand at room temperature for up to 24 hours. Arrange as desired, adding leaves if desired.
Mar 20, 2010
This is an excellent centerpiece for a beautiful dinner and one we'd make many more times. It's so simple and so good to eat, it's a keeper for sure and will be going in my recipe box.