Slow-Cooker Garlic-Sesame Beef
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 5 hours
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds), thinly sliced
- Additional sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large shallow dish, mix the first 8 ingredients. Add beef; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Pour beef and marinade into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove beef to a serving platter; sprinkle with additional green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with rice.
Slow Cooker Korean Beef Tips
How do I make this dish spicy?Easy—add a teaspoon of sriracha or gochujang (a Korean chili paste).
What can I serve with this dish?Serve over rice or cauliflower rice along with kimchi and a fried egg for a complete meal in a bowl. You can also find inspiration in our recipes for Asian-inspired dinners.
What can I prep in advance?Slice your garlic, onions and beef. Then marinate overnight for some hands-off flavor-melding time.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup (calculated without rice and additional sesame seeds): 384 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 471mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 47g protein.
Jun 30, 2018
My family really enjoyed this. I love dinners I can just throw in the slow cooker. And the family love stir-fry so it was like that but minus the mess. I did add 8 garlic cloves instead of 4
Sep 20, 2017
We loved this! It makes a ton of leftovers that are good for lettuce wraps, salad toppers, sandwiches, etc. Toasting the sesame seeds and using fresh garlic are key.
Apr 7, 2016
Followed the recipe exactly and unfortunately, it was extremely bland. Will not be making this again.