Round Cheese Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Additional Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano, milk and egg (batter will be thick).
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 183 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 7, 2016
Easy and pretty good. Would be a nice change up to garlic bread with spaghetti.
Nov 2, 2010
Fast and tasty! The flavor was fantastic! Next time I make it I'll use 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup Pepper Jack cheese.