This Italian eggplant dip preps quickly and actually gets better as it stands. Serve it warm or at room temperature. Try adding a little leftover caponata to scrambled eggs for a savory breakfast. —Nancy Beckman, Helena, Montana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 12 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons capers, undrained
- 5 bay leaves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- French bread baguette slices, toasted
- Optional toppings: fresh basil leaves, toasted pine nuts and additional olive oil
- Place the first 11 ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker (do not stir). Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Press cancel.
- Cool slightly; discard bay leaves. Serve with toasted baguette slices. If desired, serve with toppings.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 34 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Caponata in Skinny Instant Pot
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.