Overnight Raisin French Toast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place half of the bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with cream cheese and remaining bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 305 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 177mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Dec 19, 2019
This has become a family favorite! My daughters request it every Christmas morning or when the have special friend spend the night<
May 8, 2016
Great recipe. I used cinnamon bread without raisins (grandkids do not like raisins), I mixed the cream cheese with 1/2 cup of the half and half, this left 1 cup half and half to add to the egg mixture, I did not add the sugar, it was delicious!
Apr 10, 2016
Made this casserole for Christmas brunch. Liked that it was prepared the night before, and was so simple. Wonderful flavors, and the leftovers reheated well.
Jul 11, 2015
made this for my grandkids - huge success they liked it with whipped cream on top - thanks
Apr 20, 2015
This is a great recipe! I used a raisin egg challah and being sweeter than regular raisin bread, I cut the sugar in half. I sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top when serving and it was plenty sweet enough. This is definitely a keeper,
Dec 30, 2014
I was so happy to find this recipe again. Made it quite some time ago and everyone loved it. Will be making this again this weekend! Great for overnight guest.
Dec 9, 2013
Our family and friends love this recipe! I used Pancake syrup rather than pure maple syrup, and it turns out fine. I have also split the recipe, and baked it in an 8" square pan with excellent results. It is a favorite for brunch potlucks, and I'm always asked to bring it!
May 22, 2013
Way, way, way too sweet!! OMG - it issickening sweet. I used cinnamon bread, should have at least skipped the additional sugar. Never again.... Wow....
Mar 24, 2013
I made this for Christmas morning brunch with our grown kids and their significant others. It was a huge hit and requested to have it again next year.
Dec 30, 2012
The (room temperature) regular cream cheese didn't melt at all - NOT low fat. Expected more of a maple syrup flavor. Just could not use 2 Tbs of vanilla. Seemed too much.