Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 5 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sesame oil; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1-1/2 teaspoons hot olive oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry the onions in remaining olive oil until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat; add beef and heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 328 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Jan 21, 2016
Good stuff add veggies
Dec 30, 2014
Very good! Will make again.
Dec 16, 2014
Aug 2, 2012
Was bland. Will not make again.
Oct 15, 2011
Great recipe. Two changes that I made was olive oil instead of the sesame oil and for the meat I used a Filet. I could have used a little more meat but otherwise this was very good and can't wait to make it again.
Aug 5, 2011
Since I tried this recipe it became one of family favorites. Its easy and tasty. thanks for sharing:)
Apr 13, 2011
My whole family loved this.
Mar 8, 2011
Great Recipe, but no leftovers :o) I did change it up just a little. I added 2T of hoisin sauce, 1/8t of onion powder, 1T brown sugar and one small clove of garlic. SO GOOD, next time I will double my recipe. The kids even loved it! 10 stars!!! THANK YOU!
Aug 20, 2010
This was rather bland to me.
Aug 12, 2010
This dish was good,simple,the sauce was very flavorful. Next time I think I'll add some fresh garlic.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.