Low-Fat Tartar Sauce
"I like to whip up a batch of this creamy tartar sauce whenever I plan to serve fish or seafood," relates Laura Letobar of Livonia, Michigan. "You'll be delighted with its excellent flavor."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 9 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Low-Fat Tartar Sauce in Quick Cooking September/October 1998