Italian-Style Drop Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese and chilies. Stir in water until a soft dough forms.
- Drop dough into six mounds 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Brush over biscuits. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 115 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 22, 2014
Nice biscuit to serve with the easy spaghetti recipe from the same issue. I put all the dry ingredients together in a baggie with instructions, making this an easy recipe for motorhome dinner.