Italian-Style Drop Biscuits
My husband and I worked together to create this recipe by adding green chilies to our favorite garlic-cheese biscuits. They're even better this way!—LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chiies
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese and chiles. Stir in water until a soft dough forms.
- Drop dough into six mounds in a small ungreased cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Bake at 450° until golden brown, 8-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Brush over biscuits. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 138 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 22, 2014
Nice biscuit to serve with the easy spaghetti recipe from the same issue. I put all the dry ingredients together in a baggie with instructions, making this an easy recipe for motorhome dinner.