Italian-Style Drop Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese and chilies. Stir in water until a soft dough forms.
- Drop dough into six mounds 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Brush over biscuits. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 115 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Mar 22, 2014
Nice biscuit to serve with the easy spaghetti recipe from the same issue. I put all the dry ingredients together in a baggie with instructions, making this an easy recipe for motorhome dinner.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.