Italian-Style Drop Biscuits
My husband and I worked together to create this recipe by adding green chilies to our favorite garlic-cheese biscuits. They're even better this way!—LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chiies
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese and chiles. Stir in water until a soft dough forms.
- Drop dough into six mounds in a small ungreased cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Bake at 450° until golden brown, 8-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Brush over biscuits. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 138 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Chi-Talian Biscuits in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005
Mar 22, 2014
Nice biscuit to serve with the easy spaghetti recipe from the same issue. I put all the dry ingredients together in a baggie with instructions, making this an easy recipe for motorhome dinner.