Grilled Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 5 hamburger buns, split
- 5 slices Swiss cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- 5 onion slices
- 5 tomato slices
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into five 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill burgers, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, basting occasionally with marmalade.
- Grill buns, cut side down, for 2-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve burgers on buns with cheese, onion, tomato and lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 415 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 743mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Oct 19, 2017
I thought these were really good. I put mayo on mine for a little extra moisture.
Jun 7, 2016
This turkey burger is the best burger I've ever eaten. Forget the traditional hamburger. This burger tops any restaurant style burger any day of the week.
Apr 15, 2013
We have these burgers about once a month, always great reviews from everyone (even the kids and die hard beef lovers). I substitute out the Swiss for provolone, and husband makes a fantastic aioli sauce to go over them as well, adding another layer of flavor.
Jul 16, 2010
My favorite ground turkey recipe.
Apr 4, 2009
These are awesome! My family loves them. I use Italian style breadcrumbs for more flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.