French Toast with Apple Cinnamon Topping
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the apple, brown sugar and cinnamon in 1 tablespoon butter until apple is tender.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk and vanilla. Dip both sides of each bread slice in egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Cook bread on both sides until golden brown. Serve with apple mixture and, if desired, maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 269 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 28, 2015
Loved this recipe! I did use a Tbsp of Sugar Free Maple Syrup per serving and it was delicious. To save time on a busy morning and to not waste a loaf of French Bread, I've made all the slices of French Toast and tossed them in the freezer. Just have to make the apple topping and reheat the French Toast - quick yummy breakfast!
Apr 21, 2014
this is my new favorite breakfast!!! and it was incredibly easy!