French Toast with Apple Cinnamon Topping
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the apple, brown sugar and cinnamon in 1 tablespoon butter until apple is tender.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk and vanilla. Dip both sides of each bread slice in egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Cook bread on both sides until golden brown. Serve with apple mixture and, if desired, maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 269 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 28, 2015
Loved this recipe! I did use a Tbsp of Sugar Free Maple Syrup per serving and it was delicious. To save time on a busy morning and to not waste a loaf of French Bread, I've made all the slices of French Toast and tossed them in the freezer. Just have to make the apple topping and reheat the French Toast - quick yummy breakfast!
Apr 21, 2014
this is my new favorite breakfast!!! and it was incredibly easy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.