- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup cornflakes or crisp rice cereal
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the oil, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips, oats, and cornflakes. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forCrisp Chocolate Chip Cookies
"In the end, I wasn't crazy about these. They had an interesting texture, but just wasn't crazy about it. Probably won't make these again. As another reviewer stated, the recipe makes more than 3 dozen."