Cranberry-White Chocolate Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the white chocolate, cranberries, nuts and lemon zest.
- On a floured surface, divide dough in half. On a greased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12x2-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 106 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 27, 2011
I've made these every year for the past 5 years and they've been a hit every year! My changes are that I use roasted, slivered almonds instead of macadamia nuts, omitted the peel, and used white chocolate chips instead of chopping up baking chocolate.
Jan 15, 2011
This is a fairly easy recipe to make, and they are delicious! I substituted slivered almonds for the macadamia nuts.
Apr 14, 2010
This sounds really good, but I have one question: Are craisins dried cranberries? If not, where in the grocery store do I look for dried cranberries?