Chunky Peach Spread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 cups
- 7 medium peaches (2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil. Cut a shallow “X” on the bottom of each peach. Using tongs, place peaches, a few at a time, in boiling water 30-60 seconds or just until skin at the “X” begins to loosen. Remove peaches and immediately drop into ice water. Pull off skins with tip of a knife; discard skins. Chop peaches.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine peaches, sugar and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Mash peaches. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add gelatin mixture; cook 1 minute longer, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool 10 minutes.
- Pour into jars. Refrigerate, covered, up to 3 weeks.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 21 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Aug 9, 2015
Can this be frozen?
Jul 30, 2015
Hi Vonopen,We don't recommend deviating from the recipe directions for storage.You could risk not only quality, but safety.Sue StetzelOnline Community ManagerTaste of Home Magazine
Jul 29, 2015
can this be canned and saved for several months? Sukie
Sep 7, 2010
Can this be frozen? I have not made it , yet. It sounds delicious
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.