Chesapeake Snack Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2-1/2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups cheddar-flavored snack crackers
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, crackers and pretzels. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, seafood seasoning, celery seed and mustard. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes, stirring once. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 157 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 11, 2013
I did use this recipe & made adaptations to it: I used 4-1/2 cups of Chex cereal-either Corn, Rice or Wheat Chex, 1 package of Cheddar Cheese-flavored Goldfish Crackers or wheat cracker thins, 2 cups miniature pretzels, 1-1/2 cups roasted peanuts, & kept the amount of the butter, white vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, Old Bay seafood seasoning, caraway seed instead of celery seed, & the ground mustard. I used a largeroasting pan to mix the cereal, crackers, pretzels & nuts of my own addition, then combined the butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, seafood seasoning, caraway seed & groundmustard. I BAKED the mix in a 250o F. oven for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. %This recipe worked out very well for me & it is a part of my collection of TOH snack mix recipes to prepare! I admit that I prefer to bake my snack mixes instead of using a microwave-BUT this is what recipes are about-folks have different ways of preparing a particular recipe & if that works for them, then that is what counts!
Jan 19, 2012
I loved this recipe! I did make some changes though! I doubled the garlic powder, Old Bay and Celery seed. I substituted sea salt bagel chips for the pretzels. It has a little kick and tastes better than regular chex mix.
Nov 18, 2011
Tasty but it really needed some nuts!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.