Brownie Affogato Sundaes
We can’t resist brownie sundaes. I combined an affogato (coffee-based beverage) idea with a brownie to get this decadent sundae that mixes it all in there: warm, cold, sweet and salty. —Julie Merriman, Seattle, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 6 prepared brownies
- 6 tablespoons fudge ice cream topping
- 2 cups coffee ice cream
- 3/4 cup hot brewed espresso
- 6 tablespoons Kahlua (coffee liqueur), optional
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans
- Sea salt or smoked salt
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream and marshmallow creme until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, place each brownie in a dessert dish; top with fudge topping and ice cream. Pour espresso and, if desired, Kahlua over ice cream. Top with cream mixture and coffee beans; sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without Kahlua, coffee beans and salt): 350 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Iced Mocha Brownie Sunday Affagotto in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.