Bacon Mac and Cheese Grilled Cheese
Recipe provided by Kenmore®
Total TimePrep: 2hrs 10min. Cook: 12min.
- 4 slices Texas toast white bread
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1 box prepared macaroni and cheese, boxed or scratch made
- 4 slices applewood bacon cooked
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup parmesan
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and pour macaroni and cheese into it. Use a spatula to spread evenly and place in your Kenmore fridge until chilled (about 2 hours).
- Butter one side of the white bread and place the American cheese on the non-buttered side.
- Then cut a piece of the chilled mac and cheese that is slightly smaller to fit onto bread.
- Top with 2 slices of bacon (I break mine into smaller pieces) then butter remaining slice and place butter side up on sandwich.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium high heat and add 2-3 Tbsp. of parmesan cheese. Place the sandwich on top of the cheese and cook for 2 minutes per side. Before flipping the sandwich, add another handful of parmesan cheese to the skillet then flip the sandwich on top.
- Cook for 1 more minute then finish in a 450 degree oven for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and gooey.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.