Vanilla Caramel Corn
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 packages (3.3 ounces each) butter-flavored microwave popcorn
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pop popcorn according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to two very large bowls; discard any unpopped kernels.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Carefully stir in milk and butter; return to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over popcorn and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 250° for 40 minutes, stirring once. Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool. Break into clusters. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 159 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 5, 2012
I LOVE this easy recipe and make it every Halloween! Sometimes I stir in candy corn at the end of baking for a different treat.
Oct 20, 2012
Super yummy and so easy to make. I usually have all of the ingredients in the pantry. I made it for work and not a single piece was left.
Sep 16, 2010
This turned out amazing! My whole family loved it!