Vanilla Caramel Corn
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 packages (3.3 ounces each) butter-flavored microwave popcorn
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pop popcorn according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to two very large bowls; discard any unpopped kernels.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Carefully stir in milk and butter; return to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over popcorn and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 250° for 40 minutes, stirring once. Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool. Break into clusters. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 159 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 5, 2012
I LOVE this easy recipe and make it every Halloween! Sometimes I stir in candy corn at the end of baking for a different treat.
Oct 20, 2012
Super yummy and so easy to make. I usually have all of the ingredients in the pantry. I made it for work and not a single piece was left.
Sep 16, 2010
This turned out amazing! My whole family loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.