Traditional Sausage Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 30min. Cook: 45min.
- 1 Package Johnsonville Italian All Natural Ground Sausage
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 package (12-14 ounces) herb seasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the celery, onions and carrots.
- Cook and stir 5-10 minutes longer, until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl combine the stuffing cubes and sausage mixture. Stir in broth, eggs and parsley; toss to combine.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160?F and top is lightly browned.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 7, 2018
Made with cornbread and increased celery to 5 stalks. Grandma always said; 'if you think you have added just the right amount of celery, add more.'
Nov 26, 2016
This is the first time I have made stuffing with sausage... My family loved it... It was very moist and flavorful... My daughter-in-law who never likes stuffing liked this recipe.