Traditional Sausage Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 30min. Cook: 45min.
- 1 Package Johnsonville Italian All Natural Ground Sausage
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 package (12-14 ounces) herb seasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the celery, onions and carrots.
- Cook and stir 5-10 minutes longer, until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl combine the stuffing cubes and sausage mixture. Stir in broth, eggs and parsley; toss to combine.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160?F and top is lightly browned.
Apr 27, 2019
Wonderful recipe https://www.mylifestylestar.com/
Nov 7, 2018
Made with cornbread and increased celery to 5 stalks. Grandma always said; 'if you think you have added just the right amount of celery, add more.'
Nov 26, 2016
This is the first time I have made stuffing with sausage... My family loved it... It was very moist and flavorful... My daughter-in-law who never likes stuffing liked this recipe.