Tomato Ground Beef Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min. + freezing
Makesabout 16 cups
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover; simmer 15 minutes longer. Cool.
- Freeze mixture in 2-cup portions in freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before using.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 535 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 1158mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 6g fiber), 49g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 14, 2013
Haven't actually tried this yet, but looks good! How can I find the "related recipes" of things I can make with this mix?
Dec 3, 2009
Instead of ground beef, I used ground venison
Nov 13, 2009
I USE THIS RECIPE FROM SOUP TO PASTA DISHES. WHAT A GREAT GO TO WHEN YOU HAVE TO MAKE DINNER IN A HURRY. THAW IN MICROWAVE WHEN THE PASTA OR RICE COOKS. FOR SOUP ADD LEFT OVER VEGETABLES VERY GOOOOOOD
Jul 22, 2009
Note the recipes using this mix in the "Related Recipes" box.
Jun 12, 2008
You can use this base for lots of dishes, such as chili, spaghetti, etc. Suppose it might be good on potatoes as well. Good luck!!
Feb 9, 2008
What do you put this on like bread or maybe mashpotatoes