Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup cornstarch, divided
- 1 cup orange juice
- 6 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve rice pilaf with orzo pasta
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch, orange juice and teriyaki sauce; set aside.
- Flatten chicken slightly. Place salt and remaining cornstarch in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in batches in 2 tablespoons oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute squash and onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add coleslaw mix; saute 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir juice mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add chicken to skillet; heat through. Meanwhile, prepare rice pilaf according to package directions. Serve with chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast with 1 cup vegetable mixture and 1 cup rice pilaf: 574 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1707mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 44g protein.
Aug 24, 2013
This was very good, but maybe a little too salty. The kids liked the chicken, but not the vegetable mixture.
Jun 14, 2013
I was really disappointed with this recipe. The chicken didn't have any flavor and the orange juice asked the teriyaki sauce.
May 17, 2012
Very fast to make and very tasty
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.