Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup cornstarch, divided
- 1 cup orange juice
- 6 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve rice pilaf with orzo pasta
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch, orange juice and teriyaki sauce; set aside.
- Flatten chicken slightly. Place salt and remaining cornstarch in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in batches in 2 tablespoons oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute squash and onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add coleslaw mix; saute 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir juice mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add chicken to skillet; heat through. Meanwhile, prepare rice pilaf according to package directions. Serve with chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast with 1 cup vegetable mixture and 1 cup rice pilaf: 574 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1707mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 44g protein.
Aug 24, 2013
This was very good, but maybe a little too salty. The kids liked the chicken, but not the vegetable mixture.
Jun 14, 2013
I was really disappointed with this recipe. The chicken didn't have any flavor and the orange juice asked the teriyaki sauce.
May 17, 2012
Very fast to make and very tasty