Sparkling Apple Pie on the Rocks
This is the perfect fall cocktail. Apple cider mixed with a cinnamon caramel apple simple syrup and topped with bubbly—it's the best holiday drink ever! —Becky Hardin, St. Peters, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + cooling
- 3 cups apple cider or juice, chilled, divided
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping, plus additional for dipping
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Gold sprinkles
- Ice cubes
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) brut champagne, chilled
- Apple slices and additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup cider, 1 cup caramel topping, cinnamon sticks and cinnamon to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until liquid is reduced to 1 cup, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly; discard cinnamon sticks.
- Place sprinkles and additional caramel topping in separate shallow bowls. Hold each glass upside down and dip rim in caramel topping, then dip in sprinkles.
- To serve, fill glasses with ice. Add 2 tablespoons cooled cinnamon syrup to each; top with remaining cider and champagne. If desired, garnish with apple slices and additional cinnamon sticks.