Slim Curried Deviled Eggs
When you're in the mood for some good finger food, try any one of these sinfully delicious variations on deviled eggs. They are a cinch to fill and make a popular contribution to a potluck or brunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Toasted pine nuts, cayenne pepper and additional curry powder, optional
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, hummus, curry powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. If desired, garnish with toasted pine nuts, cayenne pepper and additional curry powder. Chill until serving.